Field Battle of the Books
Battle of the Books 2022-2023 Student and Parent Information
Battle of the Books (BOB) is a literary trivia game with 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. Students who want to participate form teams and will be given a list of 10 books to read. Battle of the Books begins on Thursday, November 17, 2022 when students declare their team and begin reading the books on the master list. The actual game will be played after school on April 19, 2023! (Please not updated date)
- Teams can be made up of 1 - 4 players.
- Students can form teams with students from other grades.
- Ms. Fisher is happy to help students find a team. Just let her know that you are looking for a team.
Book Master List
View the Battle of the Books Master List.
All books are available in:
- Field Library
- Axis360 (username/password needed; same as your Google login info. Username: first initial, full last name, maybe a number / Google password)
- Northbrook Public Library
- Glenview Public Library
You can check out ONLY one Field Battle book at a time. You MUST return them on time. There will be one renewal for one week allowed. If you have an overdue BOB book, you will not be allowed to renew the books.
November 9, 11, and 15 Game Launch in ELA classes! Sign-up begins!
Thursday, November 17 Game Officially Begins
Thursday, November 17 Books Released IF YOU TURN IN YOUR FORM!
November 17 - April 4 READ, READ, READ!
Monday, December 5 Deadline for signing up!
TBD Practice Game
Wednesday, April 19, 2023 THE GAME!! 3:15-4:40 p.m.
- Jeopardy-style game board
- 25 Questions
- 1 Bonus Question at the end of the game
- All teams will answer the same question at the same time
- The answer will always be the title of the book. You do not have to write short answers.
- Teams will get 25 seconds to answer with a 10-second warning
- If you get the question right, teams earn an 5 extra points for listing the correct author
- Final round is worth 200 points. Get it right, you get 200, get it wrong, you lose nothing.
- Team with the most points win
- In case of a first place tie, there will be a tie-breaker question for the two tied teams
Details to NOTE
- Be sure to fill out the sign-up form and return to Ms. Fisher as soon as possible, but no later than December 1.
- You do NOT have to turn in your sign-up sheet with your teammates. Turn yours in whenever you walk past or in the library.
- Books will be released for book check out on Thursday, November 10 – IF YOU TURN IN YOUR FORM! Prime reading over Thanksgiving break!
- Enjoy reading or listening to the BOB books. Yes! You can listen to audiobooks for the game!
- Talk about the books with your team. Quiz each other!
- Once you sign up, if you want to quit, you can’t. You committed to your team and to me that you will participate. This is a team effort, and your team needs you!
- Be graceful and gracious whatever the outcome of the game.
Sign Up Form
The sign-up and permission slip is available here.
Questions? Contact Ms. Fisher at email@example.com.